The World's Water 2006-2007:
The Biennial Report on Freshwater Resources
The fifth volume in the highly regarded series, The World’s Water 2006-2007, is now available. Pacific Institute President and series editor Peter Gleick convened Pacific Institute staff and others in presenting the latest edition, covering some of the most significant current worldwide water issues:
- water and terrorism,
- preserving and restoring instream water allocations,
- an update of seawater desalination,
- the growing risks of floods and droughts,
- environmental justice for water,
- water risks facing industry, and
- updated information on bottled water, international disputes over water, and the discovery of water on Mars.
Produced biennially, The World's Water identifies and explains pertinent trends and offers the best data available on a variety of water-related topics. It is an essential reference for water resource professionals in government agencies and nongovernmental organizations, researchers, students, and anyone concerned with water and its use.
The Financial Times Global Water Report declares of The World's Water , “There are few books that can genuinely be described as indispensable. This is one…. Essential reading.”
The World's Water 2006-2007 is available for purchase from Island Press. Purchase online in softcover and hardcover editions. Additionally, individuals or companies can contact the Chicago Distribution Center directly at (800) 621-2736/fax:(800) 621-8476 or by emailing email@example.com.